Special Issue in IEEE J-ERM
Authors presenting at IMBioC 2023 are invited to submit an expanded version of their papers to a special issue in the IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology (J-ERM): http://ieee-jerm.org.
IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology (J-ERM)
Call for Papers for the IMBioC 2023 Special Issue
The IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology (J-ERM), sponsored by IEEE MTT-S, AP-S and Sensors Council, will publish a special Issue devoted to the 2023 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Biomedical Conference - IMBioC 2023 (https://imbioc-ieee.org/). Authors of all papers presented at IMBioC 2023 are invited to submit an expanded version of their papers to this special Issue. The expanded version requires that the new technical content should be reported beyond the IMBioC 2023 conference paper. Every paper will be reviewed in the same manner as all other regular submissions to this journal. Information of the journal can be found at http://ieee-jerm.org.
The focuses of the journal are on unifying the sciences and applications of medicine and biology related to utilizing electromagnetics, radio frequency signals and microwaves/millimeter-waves. If you are doubtful whether your paper is suitable for J-ERM, please write to the Guest Editors via the email addresses listed at the end of this document. Authors should be reminded that the overlap of texts cannot be more than 15% and the content should not be more than 40%.
Please note that:
- Papers should be submitted through the journal’s web page http://ieee-jerm.org leading to ScholarOne Manuscript Central.
- In the menu for “Manuscript Type”, please select “IMBioC 2023 Special Issue”. The submission window will open after the conference.
- Manuscript is limited to 6 pages maximum without counting the first (Visual Summary/Take-Home Messages) page, citation pages, and bio-sketch pages. The first page should include a figure for Visual Summary and Take-Home messages in bullet-points.
- The conference paper should be included with the submission as well.
- The following note should be added to the footnote textbox on the second page: “This paper is an extension from the one presented at the IMBioC 2023, Leuven, Belgium.”
- The guideline and template for manuscript preparation can be found on the J-ERM webpage.
The due date for the paper submission is October 15, 2023. The expected publication date of the special issue is June 1, 2024. The journal is in electronic format so the accepted paper will appear in IEEE Xplore within a few days after acceptance.
If you have any questions, please contact the Guest Editors:
Dr. Ping Jack Soh, University of Oulu, Finland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Marco Mercuri, University of Calabria, Italy (email@example.com)