The world is recovering from the pandemic caused by the COVID19 virus and we are all getting used to the new normal. To preserve the safety of all, the 2023 International Microwave Biomedical Conference (IMBioC 2023) Steering Committee advises all participants to follow general regulations and advices with respect to distancing, hygiene and wearing mouth masks.
The IMBioC 2023 is scheduled for September 11-13 in Leuven, Belgium, which is a vibrant student city with long lasting history in education and science that has motivated generation of academics. IMBioC is an international forum for the exchange of ideas and information on state-of-the-art research in microwave and RF theory and techniques that bridge the science and engineering gap as applied to biological systems. During the conference, workshops and special sessions including Young Professionals (YP) and Women in Microwave (WiM) events will be organized, while an exhibition will be held simultaneously.
Venue Connection Details
- Leuven is 15 min away by train from the Brussels airport
- The conference venue is located in the city center of Leuven – Irish College Leuven
- Different housing options - Hotel Irish College Leuven
Scope of the conference
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- RF/microwave/THz circuits and systems for biomedical applications
- Antennas and propagation for biomedical applications
- Electromagnetic imaging and magnetic resonance imaging
- Radar and radio sensor applications for biomedical applications
- Wireless power transfer and wireless communication technologies for biomedical applications
- Wearable and bio-implantable antennas and wireless devices
- Interaction of electromagnetic fields with biological materials at the tissue, cellular and molecular levels
- Pathological, physiological, and biochemical studies with electromagnetic waves
- Electromagnetic safety studies and regulatory compliance
- Electromagnetic compatibility and interference for biomedical applications
- Internet of Things (IoTs) for biomedical applications
- Body Sensor Network and body-centric communications
- Other related topics
There will be a special issue in the IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology (J-ERM) for the extended papers presented in the 2023 IMBioC. Please check the call for paper here or at http://ieee-jerm.org.