Program Book available:
The IMBioC program can be accessed through 2018 Microwave Week App.
The International Microwave Biomedical Conference (IMBioC) is as an international forum for the exchange of ideas and information on state-of-the-art research in microwave and RF theory and techniques that bridge the science and engineering gap as applied to biological systems. This conference is an ideal forum for sharing new ideas on emerging techniques and applications.
The 2018 IMBioC will be part of the Microwave Week in parallel to IMS2018 (International Microwave Symposium), RFIC 2018 (Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium) and ARFTG 2018 (Microwave Measurement Conference) in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia, the fifth largest city in the U.S., is conveniently located between New York City and Washington, D.C. (only 1.5 hours from New York City and two hours from Washington, D.C.). Known for its history, arts and culture, vibrant street life, world-class restaurants and outdoor life, Philadelphia offers a budget-friendly metropolitan experience for all travelers.
Discover Philadelphia, a modern renaissance city where history meets innovation and culture.
Call for Papers
The topics of IMBioC include (but are not limited to) the following technical areas:
- Biological and medical applications of microwaves and RF systems
- Biological tissue interaction modelling
- Radar, imaging and sensor applications
- Biological effects
- Remote monitoring and communications
- Hyperthermia treatment applications
- Wearable and implantable wireless devices and Body-centric Communications
- PAN and other network (of any data rate) communications
- Energy harvesting and biosensor E-textiles
- RF and millimeter-wave techniques for physiotherapy
- Emerging techniques and applications
There will be a special issue in the IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology (J-ERM) for the extended papers presented in the 2018 IMBioC. Please check the call for paper at http://ieee-jerm.org.